DJ Salinger Weekly Playlist: Feb. 26–Mar. 5
This is a playlist about unrequited love: honest, direct and inexhaustible. It’s a playlist for single Portland State students who are currently dating their textbooks, caffeine, side jobs, the side-side jobs, PornHub, Netflix and comfort food, and who would rather go to sleep alone then go on another crappy date again.
This is dedicated to the people who’ve fallen in love with their best friend, roommate or teacher; for those who can’t settle for somebody with a bad taste in music, someone who exhibits road rage, tips poorly or eats food with their mouth open.
It’s a call to remember to laugh at ourselves and the melodrama. To just say fuck it like you mean it and move on. To remember that just because you’re alone, you don’t have to feel lonely. For all these people and more, I salute you. We are great in numbers, and we’re almost done.
- Head On – Pixies, Planet of Sound
- Why Can’t I Touch It? – Buzzcocks, Singles Going Steady
- The Seed (2.0) feat. Cody Chestnutt – The Roots, Phrenology
- Loser – Beck, Mellow Gold
- Mongrel Heart – Broken Bells, Broken Bells
- Gimme All Your Love – Alabama Shakes, Sound & Color
- Turn Into – Jay Som, Turn Into
- Too Drunk to Fuck – Nouvelle Vague, Nouvelle Vague
- Dang! Feat. Anderson .Paak – MAC MILLER, The Divine Feminine
- Silver Trembling Hands – The Flaming Lips, Embryonic
- The Only One – The Black Keys, Brother
- I Don’t Love Anyone – Belle and Sebastian, Tigermilk
- Tive Razao – Seu Jorge, Cru
- Pretty (Ugly Before) – Elliott Smith, From a Basement On the Hill
- I Don’t Know – Beastie Boys, Hello Nasty
- Ocean – The Velvet Underground, Playlist Plus
- Circles – Soul Coughing, El Oso
- The Lemon of Pink I – The Books, The Lemon of Pink (Remastered)
Listen to DJ Salinger’s weekly playlists online at psuvanguard.com or follow on Spotify.